This section describes the types and levels of integration available. It refers to the integration with community extensions like EasySocial, JomSocial, Community Builder and JomWall.
If you have any of these extensions installed, SIMGallery will automatically detect them. SIMGallery will still function fully without these extensions - instead of pointing to user profiles, it will point to users' gallery dashboard instead.
There are 2 levels of integration: Basic and Full (Full integration available for EasySocial and JomSocial only)
- All users' profile links within SIMGallery will point to their respective user profiles on these extensions (if you have multiple community extensions installed, priority given to EasySocial, then JomSocial, then CB, then JomWall).
- When a user posts a new albums, adds photos to an existing album, and updates his profile picture, the activity will be added to the walls of EasySocial, JomSocial and JomWall, and CB Activity for Community Builder.
- When a user likes a photo, likes a comment, posts a comment, and tag a user, a notification of the relevant activity will be added to JomSocial/EasySocial's notification stream, notifying the relevant people (eg. both the tagged user and the owner of the photo will be notified)
- If the Multiple Profile Picture feature is enabled, when a user changes his profile picture on SIMGallery, his avatar on all 4 extensions will also be updated. Furthermore, all links on all 4 extensions that allow users to change his avatar will be automatically replaced by the same beautiful modal lightbox that allow users to upload their avatars to SIMGallery instead.
- Plugins and apps are available to display the user's latest photos, videos, or albums. Buttons will also be displayed to allow profile owners to directly upload media without the need for an additional menu item.
This only applies to EasySocial and JomSocial, as only they have their own photo gallery. We have made this optional because many of our users wish to use SIMGallery as a separate gallery for other uses, while continue using EasySocial/JomSocial's gallery for normal community uses.
- All relevant links will be pointed to SIMGallery instead. For example, when a user tries to click on the "Photos" link on JomSocial or EasySocial, he will be redirected to his albums dashboard on SIMGallery. If he clicks on "My Photos", he will be redirected to his photos dashboard, when he clicks on his videos, he will be redirected to his videos album on SIMGallery, etc.
- A "Timeline Photos" new album will be displayed on every user's dashboard, with a list of the user's wall photos displayed inside. Users will continue to be able to post photos on EasySocial/JomSocial's activity wall. However, these photos will automatically point to a direct link on SIMGallery, displaying the photo there using the same interface. SIMGallery does not actually create duplicate photos. It simply make use of EasySocial/JomSocial's database tables to search for the photos and display them.
- All videos posted on the wall will also appear in the user's SIMGallery videos album.
Admins can choose to display the JomSocial or Easysocial toolbar on SIMGallery's pages. EasySocial also has its own toolbar module that you can enable yourself.
You can also migrate all existing JomSocial photos and videos and EasySocial photos to SIMGallery if you wish to totally replace JomSocial's gallery.
Product Reviews Rate this product
Mitch Daniels (2) rated
Most amazing gallery I've seen! It has everything I need. I love the theater mode (like on Facebook) and support for sub-categories. Must-have for all photography websitesPosted on 20 February 2016|Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
Super easy to install with next to no need for configuration. Works out of the box.
I needed to know where the language file is located. Got a response almost immediately.
10/10! With all these features, it's astonishing it costs so little
Hayden Cochran (1) rated
SimGallery is THE BEST for LARGE community Sites. The number one aspect to this extension is that it allows you to make categories for organizing a large photo collection.Posted on 16 February 2016|Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
This is a very deep and complex app, BUT it is very user friendly, It really cannot be better. Perfect!
The developer, Mike Feng is great to work with, he responds promptly he is willing to help and make the app work for you. He's professional
The documentation is well organized, and it is easy to read and use.
This extension is a very very good deal, and well worth the price.
iain mccarthy (1) rated
This latest version of Simgallery provides the enhancements that any social site would benefit from.Posted on 30 January 2014|Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
It was easy to install and cfg.
I only had one problem which was dealt with efficiently by support within a couple of days
It seems that Simbunch has really picked up its customer service levels and now providing products that do match their claims.
Martin Ramirez (1) rated
I have just finished setting up my website (I run a minecraft gaming site) with SIMGallery, and I must say this is one extension that deserves all the credit it can get.Posted on 11 July 2013|Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
First of, they weren't kidding when they say SIMGallery works just like Facebook. There are so many details that went into this extension, it's just breathtaking. I especially like how you can leave comments and like photos when viewing a list of photos without having to view each photo.
All in all I am very pleased with the extension. Like I said, it's just stunning how much attention is paid to small details that really improve the user friendliness. If I could, I'd give it 6 stars!
iveta namike (1) rated
Thanx for this outstand component for Joomla 2.5! I use it in combination with the Community Builder 1.8 and it´s work like a charm! That´s how components and modules has to be. Especially the crop function ist quite perfect for clean designs.Posted on 09 May 2012|Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
bunkergate (1) rated
First time I saw this, I just knew I needed this component to get more action on my site. I have been testing it on a Joomla 1.5 site test server, and it meets all my needs when it comes to a gallery. It contains good modules, tagging, rating and browsing in a way that no other gallery for Joomla today offers. It is user friendly, and if there is one thing that is more important then fancy look, it is the way thing works in a user friendly way.Posted on 04 June 2009|Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
bladi ardiles (1) rated
Mike has give us the posibility to integrate a really good gallery to our community web sites. The component works great and the support works really well. You can contact Mike anytime and he will get you back in the following 48 hours with some help and in some cases ( at least my case) he will visit your web site to see what is happening and to discover where the problem is located.Posted on 04 May 2009|Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
I would reccomend this product to everyone looking for a photo system !!!
bryan rodvold (1) rated
This is such a smooth extension and is so well integrated with Community Builder that no matter how upset you are with prices or support, that once you try it out, you will realize you don't just need it, you require it.Posted on 17 February 2009|Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
The interface is simple and understandable to the end user. It's powerful, pretty, and clean.
Dave Dutnall (1) rated
This is definately one of the best written Gallery extensions out there. Looks extremley clean and professional straight out of the box but at the same time is very configurable. The tie in with CB is excellent and in my opinion is a must for any CB users.Posted on 04 February 2009|Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
On installation I had a few problems but was contacted directly by Mike, the developer within 12 hours who sorted these out. Its rare I do reviews on Joomla.org because I use so many components / modules that are "OK" or just fit the purpose - This component stands out from those and in turn is more that worth the review. 10/10
Moni Johnson (1) rated
Ok, I still use like version 1.13 of this but as of this review version 2.0.1 (something like that) is out with even MORE great features. Anyway, I can't say too many great things about this component or it's developer. This gallery looks frickin good! I love how it works with Shadowbox on the CB profile pages, especially. After adding this gallery I actually had to start upgrading the look of the profiles because the gallery out-shined everything else. Now, the one time I an issue with an updated version the developer personally emailed me a copy of the older version I preferred and stated, though he could not support every version of this component released, that he would include the feature I requested in a future update. THAT'S support! It's not the first time he's done that either. He actually LISTENS to his customers.Posted on 30 January 2009|Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
Gareth Handy (1) rated
Like a lot of people, when I first saw Sim Gallery, I thought WOW! It looks very slick, thats a fact. With CB integration and all the features and modules you could want, I purchased a copy.Posted on 27 January 2009|Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
Had some minor functionality problems, Mike replied to all my emails within a day and resolved all issues.
This is a great gallery and is quickly becoming a central part of my site!