CloudFlare For Joomla
CloudFlare for Joomla! is a simple plugin that allows Joomla! websites to fully utilize CloudFlare's free Universal SSL . The plugin does a couple of things:
- Fixes the infinite redirect issue
- Loads all content (images, css and script) via https, whether they are added using relative or absolute URLs
First, you'll need to set up your website to work with CloudFlare.
- Download the CloudFlare for Joomla! system plugin below and install it.
- Re-order your system plugins to ensure it's loaded first.
- Open your Joomla's configuration.php and edit the value of $live_site to "https://www.example.com/". Note the "https" and replace "www.example.com" with your domain.
- If you're not already a CloudFlare user, click here to learn how to get started.
Next, obtain an SSL certificate from CloudFlare
- Go to your website(s) list on CloudFlare and click the next to your domain name then click CloudFlare Settings.
- Scroll down the page until you get to the SSL section and select Flexible SSL from the dropdown.
- Note that this is only if you are using the free Universal SSL and your site do not already have an SSL certificate.
You now need to set up a page rule so that CloudFlare will deliver all your content via HTTPS.
- Click the again and select Page rules.
- In the URL pattern field enter http://www.example.com/*.
- Change Always use https to ON and click Add Rule
- If you are using www or a subdomain, you NEED to ensure you have configured to allow CloudFlare to route through them.
That is all. Now just wait for 10 to 30 minutes and start enjoying a more secured website!
If you are unsure on how to make your Joomla! website work with CloudFlare, we provide professional services to get you started with a flat fee of $50/domain. Contact us!
Product Reviews Rate this product
Ejandra Mae Dimacali (1) rated
This solved my infinite loop problem. Just followed the instructions and worked like a charm! Thank you for this.Posted on 01 September 2016|1 of 1 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
rezadindar (1) rated
goodPosted on 01 July 2016|1 of 1 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Yes No