Rating:(11 Ratings) Read reviews
Page 2 of 16
I strongly recommend testing the demo by clicking on every link and button there is to witness all the beautiful features yourself!
- Works standalone or seamless integration with EasySocial, JomSocial, Community Builder and JomWall
- Multi-Level Categories (optional). If categories is enabled, users can search for photos based on the category of their albums. Only albums/photos can be categorized. Videos are not.
- HTML5 drag & drop files upload.
- Fully Responsive design. Displays beautifully on all devices.
- Theater mode. All photos display in their individual lightbox without the need to load a new page, just like on Facebook.
Asynchronous (AJAX) browsing. Browse through photos and videos seamlessly without the need to reload the page. There are 3 ways to browse through photos:
- Click on the photo itself will go to the next photo
- Click on the Next and Previous buttons at the top
- Arrow keys left and right.
- If user is in Theater mode, the browser address box will be updated with the direct link to the media.
- Supports Bootstrap 2 and 3.
- Integrates with Google Maps API to display media locations on a map.
- Facebook Import (optional). Allow users to import their Facebook photos to create new albums or into existing albums.
- Watermarking (optional). You can choose to enable watermark for photos, thumbnails, or both.
- Remote Storage (optional). You can configure SIMGallery to store all your photos and videos on Amazon S3, saving you space.
- QUICK ACCESS CONTROLS. This is a key feature of SIMGallery. Throughout the gallery, you will find quick access controls for users to manage their albums, photos and videos, like delete, re-ordering, set as profile picture, change access levels etc etc. Think of how Facebook makes it easy for users to manage individual photos in their album view. It's just the same!
- Videos (optional). There are 2 types of videos admins can allow. The first is linking videos from video services like YouTube, Blip.tv, Break, DailyMotion, Flickr, Google, LiveLeak, MetaCafe, MTV, MySpace, Revver, Truveo, Viddler, Vimeo, Yahoo Videos, and Youku.
The second type is user uploaded videos. SIMGallery uses HTML5 chunk file upload technology, so the video file size can be anything and not limited by your host's PHP file_upload_size setting. It also displays HTML5 videos which can be viewed on iOS mobile devices without the need for Flash. Users can opt to receive an email notification once their uploaded videos have been converted successfully.
Videos will show up in a separate album in a user's dashboard
- Multiple Profile Pictures management (optional). Users can upload and manage multiple profile pictures. The profile pictures will be displayed as a separate album on their dashboard. Fully integrated with EasySocial, JomSocial, Community Builder and JomWall's avatar features. When users try to upload or change their avatars on their respective user profiles, a modal popup will appear instead with SIMGallery's own profile picture uploader.
- Notifications. Display new tags, comments, likes and comment likes on the user's dashboard. Sleek notifications list interface. An email will also be sent to notify them.
- Create & Manage Albums. Users create albums by clicking on the Add Photos button. Just like on Facebook, when users upload photos into an empty album, a new album is automatically created.
- Seamless Photos Upload (mobile friendly). You MUST test this out yourself to see how awesome it looks like. Admins can choose to limit number of photos per album.
- User groups permission. Set which user group(s) is allowed to create albums/upload photos, and administer photos in the front end.
Media access. Users can set access levels to their albums, individual profile pictures and videos. There are 4 levels of access:
- Everybody. Includes non-registered guest users.
- Registered members. Only registered users can access media.
- Friends only. Only friends of media's owner have access.
- Only Me. Only owner, and those who have been tagged, have access. For albums set as Only Me, those who have been tagged in some of the photos within the album will be able to access these photos. They will also be able to view the photos list of the album, but only those photos they've been tagged in will be visible.
Photo and Video tagging (optional). Users can comment on photos they have access to. There are 3 types of tags:
- User Tags (optional). Admins can choose whether users can tag only their friends, or every registered member on the site.
- Custom Tags (optional). When enabled, users can add custom word tags. Not available for videos.
- Keyword Tags (optional). This is a list of preconfigured words that users can choose from to better describe their photos. When enabled, users can search for photos based on these tags.
- Violations Report. Users can click a button to report a problematic photo or video, and managers can use these reports to moderate the gallery easily.
- Combine categories with keywords for a truly powerful community gallery! Imagine you are running a real estate website. You have created the following categories: Houses, Condos, Apartments. You have also added the following available keywords: 2-room, 3-room, new, refurbished. Now your users can search for photos based on a combination of category and keywords, providing meaningful and useful content!
- You can use this functionality for any themed websites: Real Estate, Pets, Weddings, Photography, Model Agency, Electronic Equipment, Products & Services, etc etc, or just general community websites. It's all up to your imagination!
- OpenGraph support so Facebook shares display nicely.
- Photo download. Users can download the photos' physical file with a click.
- Album/Photo/Video commenting. Users can comment on any media they have access to.
- Like photos/videos. Users can "like" photos and videos they have access to. These can be used for contest purposes using the Ranking Module provided (more details later).
- Like comments. Users can "like" comments posted.
- Users will be notified of all relevant tagging, commenting and liking activities.
- Media location. Owners can add a location to their albums and photos. If there is a location, a link will appear that will point to Google Maps.
- Media date. Owners can specify a certain date that an album, photo, or video is taken.
- Comprehensive Profile picture feature. Users can crop photos they have access to and turn them into their profile pictures, upload photos, or take a selfie via webcam.
- Photo rotation. Owners can rotate the photos they uploaded.
- Photo ordering. Owners can re-order photos within an album by simple drag-and-drop. They can also set a particular photo as the album cover.
- Content plugin that lets you display media and galleries on Joomla content articles.
Product Reviews Rate this product
Mitch Daniels (2) rated
Most amazing gallery I've seen! It has everything I need. I love the theater mode (like on Facebook) and support for sub-categories. Must-have for all photography websitesPosted on 20 February 2016|0 of 1 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
Super easy to install with next to no need for configuration. Works out of the box.
I needed to know where the language file is located. Got a response almost immediately.
10/10! With all these features, it's astonishing it costs so little
Hayden Cochran (1) rated
SimGallery is THE BEST for LARGE community Sites. The number one aspect to this extension is that it allows you to make categories for organizing a large photo collection.Posted on 16 February 2016|1 of 1 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
This is a very deep and complex app, BUT it is very user friendly, It really cannot be better. Perfect!
The developer, Mike Feng is great to work with, he responds promptly he is willing to help and make the app work for you. He's professional
The documentation is well organized, and it is easy to read and use.
This extension is a very very good deal, and well worth the price.
iain mccarthy (1) rated
This latest version of Simgallery provides the enhancements that any social site would benefit from.Posted on 30 January 2014|1 of 1 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
It was easy to install and cfg.
I only had one problem which was dealt with efficiently by support within a couple of days
It seems that Simbunch has really picked up its customer service levels and now providing products that do match their claims.
Martin Ramirez (1) rated
I have just finished setting up my website (I run a minecraft gaming site) with SIMGallery, and I must say this is one extension that deserves all the credit it can get.Posted on 11 July 2013|Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
First of, they weren't kidding when they say SIMGallery works just like Facebook. There are so many details that went into this extension, it's just breathtaking. I especially like how you can leave comments and like photos when viewing a list of photos without having to view each photo.
All in all I am very pleased with the extension. Like I said, it's just stunning how much attention is paid to small details that really improve the user friendliness. If I could, I'd give it 6 stars!
iveta namike (1) rated
Thanx for this outstand component for Joomla 2.5! I use it in combination with the Community Builder 1.8 and it´s work like a charm! That´s how components and modules has to be. Especially the crop function ist quite perfect for clean designs.Posted on 09 May 2012|Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
bunkergate (1) rated
First time I saw this, I just knew I needed this component to get more action on my site. I have been testing it on a Joomla 1.5 site test server, and it meets all my needs when it comes to a gallery. It contains good modules, tagging, rating and browsing in a way that no other gallery for Joomla today offers. It is user friendly, and if there is one thing that is more important then fancy look, it is the way thing works in a user friendly way.Posted on 04 June 2009|Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
bladi ardiles (1) rated
Mike has give us the posibility to integrate a really good gallery to our community web sites. The component works great and the support works really well. You can contact Mike anytime and he will get you back in the following 48 hours with some help and in some cases ( at least my case) he will visit your web site to see what is happening and to discover where the problem is located.Posted on 04 May 2009|Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
I would reccomend this product to everyone looking for a photo system !!!
bryan rodvold (1) rated
This is such a smooth extension and is so well integrated with Community Builder that no matter how upset you are with prices or support, that once you try it out, you will realize you don't just need it, you require it.Posted on 17 February 2009|Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
The interface is simple and understandable to the end user. It's powerful, pretty, and clean.
Dave Dutnall (1) rated
This is definately one of the best written Gallery extensions out there. Looks extremley clean and professional straight out of the box but at the same time is very configurable. The tie in with CB is excellent and in my opinion is a must for any CB users.Posted on 04 February 2009|Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
On installation I had a few problems but was contacted directly by Mike, the developer within 12 hours who sorted these out. Its rare I do reviews on Joomla.org because I use so many components / modules that are "OK" or just fit the purpose - This component stands out from those and in turn is more that worth the review. 10/10
Moni Johnson (1) rated
Ok, I still use like version 1.13 of this but as of this review version 2.0.1 (something like that) is out with even MORE great features. Anyway, I can't say too many great things about this component or it's developer. This gallery looks frickin good! I love how it works with Shadowbox on the CB profile pages, especially. After adding this gallery I actually had to start upgrading the look of the profiles because the gallery out-shined everything else. Now, the one time I an issue with an updated version the developer personally emailed me a copy of the older version I preferred and stated, though he could not support every version of this component released, that he would include the feature I requested in a future update. THAT'S support! It's not the first time he's done that either. He actually LISTENS to his customers.Posted on 30 January 2009|Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
Gareth Handy (1) rated
Like a lot of people, when I first saw Sim Gallery, I thought WOW! It looks very slick, thats a fact. With CB integration and all the features and modules you could want, I purchased a copy.Posted on 27 January 2009|Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
Had some minor functionality problems, Mike replied to all my emails within a day and resolved all issues.
This is a great gallery and is quickly becoming a central part of my site!