HTML Email Notifications
SIMAnswers uses email templates which allow you to design rich HTML email notifications for a variety of events.
All email templates are fully customizable (you can add your own custom variables) and support multiple languages (they work just like Joomla's multi language support).
Email notifications include the following events:
Notify a user when they get a new follower on SIMAnswers
‡. They can disallow followers on their preferences.
Notify a user when somebody they follow asks a new question
Notify a user when their friend (on JomSocial/EasySocial/Community Builder) asks a new question
‡. If the friend is also somebody they follow on SIMAnswers, they will receive only the notify.question.network email.
- Notify followers of a question when an update is added.
Notify the asker of a question when a new answer is posted
- Notify followers of a question when a new answer is posted.
- Notify an answerer when their answer is chosen as the Best Answer
- Notify followers of a question when a Best Answer has been chosen
Notify an answerer when somebody (other than themselves) comments on their answers
- Notify asker if their question expires after not receiving an answer for a specified number of days. Note that question expiration can be disabled on the configuration page.
- Manager Emails
Managers can be assigned for each category. They will receive email notifications when the following events take place in their categories:
- notify.question.manager - when a new question is posted
- notify.question-update.manager - when an update is added to a question
- notify.answer.manager - when a new answer is posted
- notify.report-queston.manager - when a question receives a violation report
- notify.report-answer.manager - when an answer receives a violation report
- notify.report-comment.manager - when a comment receives a violation report
‡ - users can opt in/out of receiving these emails by updating their SIMAnswer Preferences.
You can easily add extra events by adding templates and modifying SIMAnswers' helper class to add more event triggers.
Product Reviews Rate this product
Guest rated Your review is awaiting approval.
lovelyPosted on 30 November 2018|Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
liki (1) rated
I have been using SimANSWERS for over a year on our educational website. It's an excellent component that comes in handy for Questions and Answers. The display is attractive, it is very easy to use and we have been using it to help students and our visitors on many educational topics.Posted on 21 June 2012|1 of 1 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
I have never experienced any trouble with it and if you need help, just send an e-mail and their knowledgeable staff is available to help.
richard (1) rated
Support here is excellent and you have timely updates. I have been using SimAnswers for over a year and they have been more than helpful. My questions have always been answered on time.Posted on 13 June 2012|1 of 1 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
Joshua Lewis (1) rated
This is certainly a well thought out component, and is quite interesting. I especially like the "Interesting list" where users can in a sense "like" a post. Well done!Posted on 27 June 2011|1 of 1 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Yes No